Terms & Conditions
In these conditions of sale:
- The company means Ivinghoe Turf Ltd trading as Ivinghoe Turf. Registered address: 88 Sheep Street, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 6LP, United Kingdom, 6123771 Correspondence address: Vicarage Farm, Ivinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 9DY, United Kingdom, 01296 661939.
- The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
- Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
Submission of a purchase order online will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
2. Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
- The customer is made fully aware that turf is a natural product. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate.
- The customer fully understands that turf is a perishable product, which must be properly laid on properly prepared ground.
- The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 5 working days after the complaint has be logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price.
- Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering.
- Our turf products are a blend of various grasses and may contain some other non desirable grasses such as Poa annua. Turf should be inspected whilst being laid and any turf found to be unsatisfactory rejected before laying takes place. Any claim for non desirable grasses or disease will not be allowed after a reasonable period which will not exceed four weeks.
- All turf (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the turf from whatever cause arising.
- Occasionally our turf is cut from fields that are netted.
- The company will make every effort to deliver product on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
- Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the companys vehicles to the place of delivery. The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery. Any additional charges incurred during delivery (i.e. parking charges, etc) will be at the liability of the customer.
- If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the customers responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order.
- This above action must be completed before 12.00 noon on the day prior to delivery. Delivery vehicles may use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasised that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck may be used to manoevre the turf or other products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point.
The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
NB: Slope, Gravel or No Drive deliveries have to be done with our own specialist vehicles therefore we cannot guarantee next day delivery. We will make every effort to deliver asap as we have our own specialist vehicles in most areas daily.
4. Cancellation/Returns Policy
Please note that there will be an administration charge for cancelling an order after it has been processed by our system. This charge will equal 3% of the order total for credit card payments, and a fixed rate of £2 for debit cards.
The customer has the right to cancel any product or services except perishable goods are listed in sub point 4 below. Any cancellation must be made within 7 days from the date of the order being placed.
Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be by one of the following methods:
- Letter to Vicarage Farm, Ivinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 9DY, United Kingdom. Letters will be have been deemed to be received two working days following the postmark date.
Customers are required to return the goods, at their own expense, to Vicarage Farm, Ivinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 9DY, United Kingdom within 7 working days of delivery.
Perishable goods are Turf, Shrubs, Living Plants and Cut Christmas Trees. All other goods are non-perishable.
Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended byS1689, 2005.6. This does not effect your statutory rights.
5. Order amendments
Any order amendments must be made before goods are despatched, despatch may be up to two working days prior to delivery. We are unable to amend orders after despatch.
6. Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays are not working days.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
7. Lawn Turf Images
These photos were taken in November 2017 and from time to time may vary due to the fact that the product is live. Photos are for illustration purposes only
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment.
The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customers responsibility to move the turf from the place of delivery to the area of turf laying.
The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.