A few little “Did you knows?” from all of us at Ivinghoe Turf!
- A square metre of turf roughly holds 150,000 – 200,000 blades of grass.
- A frequently mowed lawn helps reduce the chance of allergy related symptoms, because the cut turf does not produce as much seed.
- Grass is the third most crucial source of oxygen.
- Having a large area of turf in your garden helps reduce your families carbon footprint – as grass will absorb a vast amount of carbon emissions!
- Not even an acre of Tropical Rainforest produces as much oxygen as an acre of turf!
- And finally … Grass absorbs noise! (So you really can talk to your plants!)